Thursday, May 14, 2009

EXPANSION OF THE UNIVERSE

Hey - IML!

In only 13.7 million years, we have come from a very small hot primordial state into an infinitely expanding dimension of (hopefully saddle-shaped) timespace. Right at the expanded end of the chart is the IML's Superheroes of Space album - appropriately the newest and coolest thing in the universe.


I'm in the process of mastering the Superheroes Of Space album, and I want to thank you all for making my job so easy. I know I always plotz when I first hear all the tracks - but this bunch of songs is really something else. I feel like everyone was trying to out-do themselves, and succeeded.

The quality and integrity of the audio is so high for this project, that I've had to take a different, subtler approach to mastering. Across the board the production of the backing tracks was way more consistent than albums 1 & 2 and the integration of the vocals well handled. To get geeky - instead of mastering with compression to get all the tracks sounding similar (and loud) I'm using a rad EQ called 'Har Bal' to tweak the odd freq. That's all.

As usual - doing some intensive listening has revealed the subtlest elements of all your songs; I've heard them, and dug them, and hopefully enhanced them where I could. V. excited about this album - its as heavy and beautiful in places as any music I listen to - and spazzy as hell.

Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment