Saturday, April 18, 2009

But he still hasn't gotten his stuff back.

I just finished and uploaded my vocals for Tim M's Pluto track, and I love how it turned out. It's called "Lonely Planets Club," and I went in a bit of a strange direction for the lyrics. In the song, Pluto is a somewhat bitter divorcee, probably living at some sort of bachelor pad. He recalls his recent breakup with our solar system, and though he's in a lot of pain, he remains somewhat optimistic. His support system is, of course, the Lonely Planets Club. In the end, everything turns out great for Pluto, because he finds happiness in a new relationship with the Kuiper Belt. A little stupid, I know, but the decision was made after I learned that Pluto's heart is literally made of ice and stone. If that doesn't scream "messy breakup song," I don't know what does.

I was obsessing a little bit over these lyrics for the past few days...I think I may have over-thought the concept, but I really like the song. I especially like that you can take it out of the context of the Space album, and it could easily be just about a guy, not a planet.

That's about all I have to say about it...download it and enjoy! And of course, let me know if there are any mixing issues...I've been working on it for the last 4 hours and I have no idea what it really sounds like anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Great work Dan. Especially digging that breakdown in the middle.

    ReplyDelete