Friday, April 24, 2009

Semi-interesting stuff.

Hello everyone,

As some of you may know, I've been working on my senior thesis as a Music Technology student at Ball State University. The topic I chose is speed composition/songwriting, and I picked out a couple artists and groups to talk about and interview. Guess what? The IML is one of them. As part of the assignment, I had to make a website presenting the information...it's not too flashy, but it gets the job done, and here it is:

http://djwaldkirch.iweb.bsu.edu/MUMET/


Greg, Tim, and Barney gave me lots of great insight into how and why the IML works, and I'm sure some of you would be interested to read about it.

The site is basically just my 32-page paper divided into 7 parts...if you're having lots of fun in the IML and want more opportunities to write music, I encourage you to look into the other sections of the site!

Looking forward to more vocals soon!

Dan

P.S. I made the site in about an hour, and it's not due for 2 weeks...if you spot any mistakes, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work Dan! I've only read the IML part so far - but its great. Now I REALLY feel like we're part of a movement! Also - great to have such great IML-related content on the web (not just on our sites.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting work. I particularly enjoyed reading about the working practices of similar organizations. Looks like it was a lot of fun to write and really well researched. My university thesis was a speed writing composition in its own right!

    ReplyDelete