Thursday, February 19, 2009

10...9...8...yadda yadda

So the space and military thing didn't really pan out. Jammed some chords over some military sounding beats but it wasn't working (and sounded a little too reminiscent of Ian Brown's fabulous 'My Star') so I am now exploring the vast emptiness of space through the medium of acapella choir and cowboy harmonica which, perhaps suprisingly, is working out very well. From chats I've had with some of the participants the theme seems to be inspiring an even more experimental approach from the IML this time around. I'm already excited about this and can't wait to start hearing the tracks pour in over the next 10 days (that went quickly didn't it?!).

At the IML rehearsals for the science gig we were discussing the possibility of haranguing a celebrity guest onto the Space album. A Moore or a Hawking might go down a treat (Carol Vorderman is on stage before us but I guess she can wait until we record Superheroes of Maths) We will use the science festival gig to network further...

In unrelated news, half of me is so excited that my daughter has just put up her first music poster in her bedroom. The other half of me is aghast that it's the Jonas Brothers.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - if you can get Vorderman to endorse the IML - that would be a coup! Don't worry about the Jonas Bros - they're just a fad and they'll burn in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had another idea about the gig vis a vis Superheroes of Space. Let's get the audience on one of the tracks by recording some kind of singalong?

    ReplyDelete