Friday, February 6, 2009

Vox B4 Notez = Bzzt

I just read an article in a recent issue of New Scientist explaining in very poetic language what may happen when our Solar System does or doesn't collapse (I've Decided To Capitalise Our Solar System). The words are beautiful and would make a lovely song. I'd like it to be the lyrics to the song I've got to write for Superheroes of Space, but they can't be. That's the thing, when we write our albums, we sometimes hear the finished track, but have to make do with knocking out half of it (the backing track), only to pass it on for completion elsewhere. I think there's a good challenge in there, maybe I'll just have to write a track which sounds like the end of out Solar System as depicted in New Scientist so the lyricist will have to go in that direction for inspiration. So it's a toss up between Hubble and the end of our Solar System for me. There's only one way to decide this, invent some kind of quantum device which helps me select the correct theme based on whether it does or doesn't teleport a photon.

4 comments:

  1. I know! Its really frustrating when you're researching one thing - and find something else that you just want to lyricize! I read that article too (6 facts about our universe?) and it WAS beautifully written.

    If you want to write the words - I'd gladly write a tune.

    TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that was the one. I'll write some words. I've just re-watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and have decided that I would now be prepared to erase memories of David Lynch to make more room for Michel Gondry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally devoted to Gondry - he is the most playful and intense director to have emerged from the distinctly conventional 21stCentury Hollywood scene. Be Kind Rewind (+Passaic Mosaic) are truly beautiful - and The Science Of Sleep is crazy - but amazing. Human Nature is more of a challenge - but worth it to see the lovely Patricia Arquette walking around naked covered in fur. Lynch has moved on to another plain of existence, and Charlie Kaufman has become an inverted genius-black-hole. Gondry - you're our only hope! Unless... Mr Gilliam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping. It was nice to see him pick up his Bafta for long standing bad behaviour. I'm hoping Dr Parnassus is going to rock my socks but I'm scared that I'm too old and cynical for him now. No, surely not. Well that's theree Gondry films you've named that I haven't seen, woohoo. That will keep me and Layla busy. Not much Space talk going on here is there? Where is everyone? Yoo hoo, hoo, hoo , hoo (that was a simulated echo).

    ReplyDelete