Saturday, February 28, 2009

Space abstinence

For the first time ever with the IML I'm going to not listen to any of the other instrumental entries until the album has been mastered. I've always listened to everything as it was submitted in the past but at the same time, regretted it once the finished album has been delivered. I'm adding a few extra drums (which Jim bashed out for me the other night) to my track this evening then its done. Definitely time to upload and be done with it. And for when we get to the lyric writing stage, I've just written a little lyric writing application (for Dan W's Record Time IV project) which assists with automated lyric writing, so no excuses for a lack of interesting words. And now it's time to say goodnight at the end of a lovely day. Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to do the same, Cosmo Nautilus. I waited to hear the full Science album, and it took me round and round the astonishment tree in vertiginous circles of wonder.

    Goodnight, Barnold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a lovely way to do it - I'm in too!

    Like the sound of that lyric-writing app. Is it going to be available at any time in the future?

    Sleep well, Champion Socks.

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, like Nick I heard the science stuff for the first time on the full album and was blown away. Its so tempting to hear what everyone is up to earlier though! Still, that is my job this time as curator. While we are on the subject, Brown - that is one HELL of a track. Really!! But I guess you abstainers know that you will have to wait to hear it...

    ReplyDelete