Wednesday, April 29, 2009

D E A D L I N E


Wow! What a busy album this has become. I know that a lot of members have been as frantic as I have, getting their tracks together - but from what I've heard so far - the standard is way high, and the songs are awesome. It never fails to amaze me, the level of subtlety and detail that makes its way into IML tracks. I'm really looking forward to getting intimate with all of them.

Eric and I managed to record the vocals for our SPACE JUNK track this past weekend in Milwaukee. It was a heck of a challenge, and we almost completely abandoned our rap approach to Barney's experimental track; but in the end we tapped into our hidden hip-hop identities and got stuck into the track. It was incredibly challenging to vocalize all the complex rhymes - super-fast rhythmic singing does not come naturally. We were rhyming all night in the pub afterwards.

Feeling quite sad that the trilogy is coming to an end - but very glad that it's concluding in such style. Rock on IML!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I can't WAIT to hear the space junk rap track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're the new Slick Rick. I can feel it in my bones.

    ReplyDelete