Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dear Mars Rovers

Lyrics by Jules Peters

You droids
Rolling round mars
Like two Johnny 5s
The warmth of the sun keeping you alive

But now my boys
You’ve gotten quite old
And I must confess to you
Something that you should be told

These recent reboots just don’t seem to compute
There was no instruction from us
Erratic behavior
Flash memory failure
Stop turning my screen saver off
What’s wrong?
(what’s wrong…What on Earth’s going on?)
You don’t
Have much more time left
So if I may be bold there’s something id like to suggest
Stop testing the atmosphere looking for water
It’s probably all too deep and beyond our reach right now
And kindly perform
One last task for me

Go look for your brother I’ve told him the same
He’s heading right now for Arcadia plains
God’s speed and we thank you for all that you have done
In a few decades time with luck we may see you again
When we come

When you’ve found each other
Stay alive take cover
Find a sunny spot
And charge up and hold on if you can
Till we get you home again

No comments:

Post a Comment