Thursday, January 22, 2009

Woof

Although it has been covered before, I'm fascinated and saddened by the story of Laika, the dog the Russians blasted off into space in 1957 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laika). As I am effectively unable to play any instruments, creating the music for this song is going to be a challenge, and I will be relying on the help of Fish studios, and drafting in Millen and Smith to help interpret the feverish and maudlin ideas that are haunting me at the moment. I may even try to find a good dog vocalist to do a performance on the track, or perhaps I should leave that wonderful part to whoever gets to do the vocals.

3 comments:

  1. Dog vocalists? I used to have a novelty single fom the 60s called 'singing dogs sing jingle bells' or something like that. Just checked youtube and there it is of course. With some fittingly amateur visuals.

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CzrgxO58qJ4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I know you are a brilliant guitarist, I think collaborating with master Millen and the Fishonaut will bring greatness to your effort. PLEASE play on it! I'm truly excited to have a Kip song on this album.

    I can't help thinking of little Ingmar from 'My Life As A Dog' wondering about Laika... "Stackas Laika!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe i could lay down some balaLAIKA! What? God! sorry ahem.

    ReplyDelete