Thursday, January 1, 2009

Russian Man Outside

Lyrics by Barney Brown and Kip Loades

I can see Yuri’s house from here
The shadows on his lawn
The dawn is on St Petersburg
And I’m above the dawn

I think there’s something wrong about the way that maps are drawn there’s something wrong, so wrong
Perhaps because I float within a vacuum far from earth

I ought to start to start my space walk now
But does it matter how
No man has passed this way before
I stride on heaven’s floor

Returning to the ship will be the thing that I can do when I am done, so done
My tether, my umbilicus, my mother ship stay true

And so 12 minutes gone I think it’s time that I went back oh God I’m stuck (so stuck)

So, in the event you get stuck
Vent, excessive air from your suit, or you'll die
Now, I know I want to go home

No comments:

Post a Comment