Thursday, January 1, 2009

Freeman Lowell

Lyrics by Tim Marchand

(On this first day of a new century, we humbly beg forgiveness and
dedicate these last forests of our once beautiful nation, in the hope
that they will one day return and grace our fallow Earth. Until that
day, may God bless these gardens and the brave men who care for them.)

Tragedy is no one cares
How did we get so lost?
In this synthesized wilderness?
They say there is no more disease
No more poverty
No one's out of a job
But do you know my friend?
That's not the end of it
Cause she is never going to see the simple wonder of a leaf in her hand

I cant believe they'd do it
Cant believe they'd blow it all away
Take Mother nature's greatest gift
And throw it back in her face
When supplements are meals
Then a cantaloupe just stinks
And you cant even tell the difference
How pitiful
Coz everything's the same
If all the people are exactly the same
Now what kind of life is that?
What kind of living is that?

Used to be
Flowers growing all over the Earth
And there were plains of tall green grass
And blue skies and even fresh air
But now it's all...it's all become the same
The beauty of a forest
The simple wonder of a leaf
These things have been forgotten
I don't think you understand
What is lost is not replaceable
What is lost is gone

Can't let them do it
Let them blow it all away
Take Mother Nature's greatest gifts
And throw them back in her face
Coz everything's the same
When everyone's the same
Well what kind of life is that?
Pitiful

A forest in a dome
Iguana and the toad
Rabbits running free
Swimming in a stream
Drones planting trees
The beauty of a leaf
Cantaloupe just stinks
Dried synthetic crap
75b degrees
Tall green grass
Robots playing cards
Tortoise and the hawk
Sleeping in the grass
She is never going to see
Its not too late
Everything's the same
No imagination
Its not too late
Don't throw it away
Everyone's the same
No frontiers left
Its not too late
Its not too late
Its not too late

I had to do it
Couldn't let them blow it all away
And don't think that I'll ever
Excuse what I did
I've taught you everything
Everything I know
I had to do it
I had to let it go

(God bless you Freeman, you are a hell of an American)
(Thank you Sir, I think I am)

No comments:

Post a Comment