Thursday, January 1, 2009

Step Aside Roger Moore

Lyrics by Jimmy Binks and the Shakehorns

Born as a Kulak on collective farms
Big daddy hiding talents keeping family from harm
Relax Stalin, we're only farming
Slightly above peasants but nothing too alarming

A charming little darling
An enquiring mind
A fighter pilot teacher
An inspiring find
Relax Josef, we just want to know stuff
Follow my vocation be the hero of a nation

Who's down with triple CP
Yeah you know me
Psychological physical tests on me
And these 20 other mothers got nothing on me
Vostok's locked and
I am the key

See you later Dmitri its down to two
Both of us standing here at 5 foot 2
Tit off
Titov
No chance that’s the truth
You're too middle class and a little too aloof

We're proud of you Gagarin
G-g-going where no one has ever gone before

Yeah…Then came the day
Up up and away
Something to say to the USA
You got your sound bites but now we got some
Houston you've got a problem
I'm the sputnik chaser
Record breaker
Step aside Roger Moore I'm the real Moonraker
I'm Yuri G-G-Garin first man in space
27,000 KPH the winner of the space race

Here in space everything’s a first
Have to eat and drink but I don’t even have a thirst
Should I have a biscuit
Should you risk it
I'd rather have an egg but there is nothing here to whisk it
Look at me I’m here in space
Look at this massive smile on my face
I'm so excited and I just cant hide it

Now I’m back here on the ground
What do I do now?
I got to get back up somehow
I don’t care how
Even if it kills me I’ve just got to get back into outer space

108 minutes it was over too soon
That shlong Armstrong will get to go to the moon (moon)
Make his mark with his own 2 feet
The mark I left was a skid on my seat
Lord it's hot upon re-entry
They'll be rapping about this in the 21st century
2000 Fahrenheit and the Vostok's blazing
Christ its blue
The Earth is amazing

Seen the world
Let them know that Yuri's coming home

5 4 3 2 1 and zero
Columbus of the cosmos I'm the Kremlin's real hero
Keep your Gorbachev, Kalashnikov, Kasparov
Who's the one you think of when you hear the words blast off

We're proud of you Gagarin
G-g-going where no one has ever gone before
We're ga ga for Gagarin
G-g-going where no one has ever gone before
We're proud of you Gagarin
G-g-going where no one has ever gone before

No comments:

Post a Comment