Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lonely Planets Club

Lyrics by Dan Waldkirch

She invited me in
She gave me a name
Then she left me spinning on my side
As she walked out the door
She said “I always knew
That we couldn’t make it,
But we tried.”

If you’re feeling cold
If you’re feeling far away
Well then we’ve got a space for you

Why?
So maybe I’m small
So maybe I don’t have much to say
But since you ‘ve been gone
It’s been harder to see
But it’s always been dark here anyway

Lonely Planets Club
We know just how much it hurts
So come in and have a drink or two

You’ve turned my heart
To ice and stone
So far apart
I’m on my own
Pick up the phone

Oh baby girl
It hasn’t been long
I’ve already found somebody new
She’s got a nice belt
And it’s just a short drive
And she understands me, unlike you

If you’re feeling blue
Keep on spinning anyway
Cause together we can make it through

Lonely Planets Club
Everything will be OK
All because I fell in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment