Friday, January 16, 2009








Even thought I loathe NASA - they have an awesome website full of loads of great source material, much of which is copyright free:

www.nasa.gov

...there are some really classy podcasts, and be sure to check out the multimedia tab > images.

This is an image from the Cassini spacecraft [CLICK ON IT!] The photo is taken while in the shadow of Saturn, looking back at it's eclipse of the Sun. Note the weirdly bright rings, which normally look dark against Saturn's surface. Above the rings on the left side of Saturn you can see Earth. Look closer - I'm waving.

XXX

1 comment:

  1. I think I can see you. I think I can. Apparently planets and stars look bigger in real life than they do on TV, but TV personalities look smaller. Apparently that's one of the laws of physics. Good old Cassini. Images of Space are certainly things to be held in much awe, but what of the sounds of space? Apparently something in space (I'll have to re-check my facts on this) like a blackhole, or something, emits a B flat (if you analyse the waves it gives out).

    So there you go, space has got the blues. Let's cheer it up.

    ReplyDelete